Want to create your own website without getting deep into the coding knowledge? WordPress (the most popular CMS) is the #1 choice today. And, no doubt, you would also like to track how your website is performing in the online world. To measure the success of your website, you need to install Google Analytics to your WordPress website. In this blog, we’ll be looking at the best Google Analytics plugin that’ll help you do the job the right way.
Table of Content:
- Why is Google Analytics plugin necessary?
- Introducing MonsterInsights: the WordPress Google Analytics Plugin
- How to Install Google Analytics in WordPress
Why is Google Analytics plugin necessary?
Let’s say you have a blog website. You’re writing a blog per day and introducing really good stuff to your target audience. And, you’re interested in finding out a few metrics in terms of your blogging website. Such metrics may include:
- Which posts on your website are being liked by your target audience the most?
- How are they landing on your blog page?
- How much time is being spent on your blog?
- Which content resonates the most to your target audience?
- What are their demographics?
- Are there any new visitors on your website in a particular time duration?
- How well you are retaining your old visitors on your website?
- Is there any improvement needed in your website performance?
And, this is not it. You can even measure many more metrics that may empower your business decisions.
So, basically, Google Analytics allows you to track users’ behavior on your website. Now, the question is how would you track these metrics? For this, you need to place Google Analytics tracking code to the header section into the <head> tag. Let’s dive into deep how to do it the right way.
Interesting Read for you: How to Optimize WordPress Site
Introducing Monster Insights: the WordPress Google Analytics Plugin
Most of the WordPress website owners are not familiar with coding. They just know how to manage their content on WordPress. And, of course, you’re one of them! But don’t worry, we’ve a quick solution for you, i.e., MonsterInsights.
This WordPress Google Analytics plugin works really well and you can seamlessly integrate your Analytics account with WordPress using it.
Download the Analytics plugin Now
Features of MonsterInsights:
MonsterInsights offers the most powerful and user-friendly features for WordPress. Let’s have a look at them:
- Tracking Features: It includes Universal Tracking, eCommerce tracking, enhanced link attribution and EU compliance Besides, it also allows you to track outbound links, affiliate links, file downloads, scrolls, forms, Google AMP, UserID, logged-in users, authors, post type SEO score, published time, category, tag, focus keyword, telephone & email link, media, hash URL and custom events.
- Custom Reports: You can keep track of analytics overview, email summaries, real-time reports, eCommerce, publishers, audience demographics, popular posts, user behavior, custom dimensions, Search Console, forms, content, site speed, individual post & page. Besides, you’ll also get more interesting features such as customizable dashboard widget, page insights in admin bar, customizable date ranges, PDF exports, access control for custom reports, headlines analyzer, and contextual insights.
- Integration with Useful WordPress Plugins: MonsterInsights will allow you to track analytics for WooCommerce, EDD, WordPress form plugins, Formidable Forms, WP Forms, Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, Contact Form 7, Pretty Links, MemberPress, LifterLMS, ThirstyAffiliates, Google Adsense, Google Optimize, Facebook Instant Articles, CookieBot, Cookie Notice by dFactory, Restrict Content Pro, and GiveWP.
How to Install Google Analytics in WordPress
Follow the simple steps as mentioned below:
Step 1: Sign in using your Google Analytics Account
To get started, you’ll need to log in to your Google Analytics account. If you don’t have one, we recommend you create one and set up your universal analytics property.
Step 2: Set Up MonsterInsights
- Visit the official website of MonsterInsights plugin and download the file from there. Download the plugin here.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. Navigate to the Plugins tab and click on “add new”.
- Next, you need to head to the “Upload Plugin” button and upload the downloaded zip file of MonsterInsights Plugin and activate it.
- Next, you’ll see a MonsterInsights Setup Wizard. Select the right category of your website and save & continue further.
- Provide your license key to connect this plugin to your website. You may find it on your email receipt or in your account area of the MonsterInsights’ website.
- Select the right account and profile to connect your Google Analytics with MonsterInsights.
- The authentication will take a few seconds.
- Further, you can review and configure some recommended settings as per your requirements.
- Install the recommended addons as needed on your website.
MonsterInsights may take a few hours to display Google Analytics data to your WordPress dashboard. We hope this guide will help you track useful metrics to make informed business decisions. Stay tuned with us and you’ll get to learn more interesting stuff on how to grow your business online.